Maybe it's not the most practical wedding trend, but boy am I swooning over this low table, picnic dinner party situation that's happening right now. Probably better suited for an intimate gathering, this look might be perfect for your rehearsal dinner or bridal brunch. Practical or not, the picnic party is so dreamy.
The macrame trend has been building in all segments for the past few years, including home, fashion and weddings, and it still seems to be going strong. This (possible) DIY idea can take many forms from backdrop to table runner to ceiling installation there's a way to do it small or do it big. Here are a few of my favorite ideas.
Confetti, the very sight of it screams party and celebration. It's classic, yet very on-trend. However you incorporate it into your wedding, it will add an element of fun and bring a smile to the faces of your guests.
1. This is actually confetti wall art, but scaled up, it could be so cool as a backdrop.
2. These sprinkle-covered marshmallow squares would be perfect for the desert table, favors or a coffee and hot chocolate bar.
3. This confetti-themed party has tons of fun ideas, but I am loving these confetti-filled balloons.
4. There's no better way to incorporate confetti in a wedding than a toss.
5. and there's nothing better than said photo op that results from the confetti toss.
6. Nothing says "get ready to party," like a confetti invitation suite.
7. This sprinkle cake adds a shot of color to the desert table.
8. Cookies and sprinkle-rimmed milk glasses are the perfect late night snack to serve.
9. My sparkly, Kate Spade wedding shoes brought looked like candy and filled me with delight.
10. Guests won't be able to help but smile when they see confetti wreaths and garland.
It's a very happy day indeed, because one of our favorite DIY and party blogs, Oh Happy Day, just opened a fabulous and fun party decor shop. I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at all the goodies Jordan has available, and, bonus, it's organized by both color and category! Genius! Here are a few of my favorite items I can picture as wedding decor.
A few weeks ago I posted the Top 10 Herb wedding details, well, my love for wedding greenery continues, this time it's in the form of leaves. All kinds of beautiful leaves from delicate to enormous. This trend is so good, you won't even miss this blooms!
1. a leaf decorated wedding cake, like this one found on Inspired by This Blog.
2. A drop-dead gorgeous, candle-light, foliage-infused ceremony backdrop by Cedarwood weddings.
3. Leaves make great escort cards, like these from Brides.com
4. Lush garland draping the ceremony chairs from Martha Stewart Weddings.
7. Light and lush giant palm leaves make an amazing one-of-a-kind backdrop for this Sayulita Wedding.
8. A flower crown with out the flowers is just as beautiful as with, get the DIY instructions from 100 Layer Cake.
9. Dogs can get in on the action too, love this leafy wreath from this green and white styled shoot.