It's the end of summer, what kind of party should we throw? An ice cream social, of course! This whimsical party would be fun for all! With retro vibes, both oldies and current hits blaring from a boom box, and lots of delicious ice cream flavors, adults would have as much fun as the kids. Obviously we love this happy, quirky color palette, for this yummy party with just the right amount of kitsch. Better throw this one soon, before the summer melts away.
Flamingos are definitely the motif of the moment. Here are ten super-fun ideas to incorporate these feathery friends into your wedding or party.
1. Is your wedding near a pool? How fun would it be to have this guy as a floating guest?
2. Give traditional lawn flamingos a glam facelift with a coat of gold spray paint, like Sarah Sherman Samuel's 30th Birthday Bash.
3. Tropical vibes with a side of 'mingo on these shower invites.
4. Get an epic photo surrounded by your pink friends, like this couple via Green Wedding Shoes.
5. Of course Studio DIY rocked the flamingo invites.
6. I will never tire of these snuggling flamingo cake toppers from BHLDN.
7. Kate Spade's motif of the moment is our pink feathered friend and this clutch is a-mazing!
8. Let's Flamingle! How adorable. See lots more on Inspired By This Blog.
9. Feel like a flamingo yourself with this fabulous Ted Baker feather cape.
10. Photo bomb by a plastic 'mingo, like this cute wedding from Green Wedding Shoes.
Just like a planner, it's barely spring and my mind is wandering to summer. I am dreaming up a fun, modern tropical wedding inspired by the continuing tropical print trend.