It's been a while, but I am inspired and back at it, creating content for you, my brides and friends seeking inspiration for pretty weddings and gatherings! Today's mood board is a personal one. This weekend I put together a giant inspiration board, out side of the computer, with actual magazine tears, to inspire my personal and professional brands. You see, I have always been a maximal kind of person. I am a collector and a lover of things and color. But there is a piece of me who is been influenced by the minimal movement. I have paired down, developed a look a little more sophisticated than my former, loud vintage prints. This mood board is inspired by my personal style, classic with a twist, where modern and bohemian meet, the colors are colors, but they don't scream, they speak softly. I just rattled off a bunch of oxymorons, but I think they all accurately describe me and this mood board.
"I like gold." Remember Austin Powers in Goldmember? How in the world was that 13 years ago!? Before Beyonce was the queen. Anyway, gold has been trending for a while, and maybe this is a little over the top, but maybe it's just right, if you're a modern Foxy Cleopatra.
Nothing like a day dream to start off your Monday morning. This sherbet-hued mood board is actually inspired by my Pinterest board called "Lovely," cause it is. Watercolor, and hazy images in candy colors make for dreamy wedding inspiration.
Confetti, the very sight of it screams party and celebration. It's classic, yet very on-trend. However you incorporate it into your wedding, it will add an element of fun and bring a smile to the faces of your guests.
1. This is actually confetti wall art, but scaled up, it could be so cool as a backdrop.
2. These sprinkle-covered marshmallow squares would be perfect for the desert table, favors or a coffee and hot chocolate bar.
3. This confetti-themed party has tons of fun ideas, but I am loving these confetti-filled balloons.
4. There's no better way to incorporate confetti in a wedding than a toss.
5. and there's nothing better than said photo op that results from the confetti toss.
6. Nothing says "get ready to party," like a confetti invitation suite.
7. This sprinkle cake adds a shot of color to the desert table.
8. Cookies and sprinkle-rimmed milk glasses are the perfect late night snack to serve.
9. My sparkly, Kate Spade wedding shoes brought looked like candy and filled me with delight.
10. Guests won't be able to help but smile when they see confetti wreaths and garland.
Wedding season is officially under way! There is so much lovely inspiration out there in blog land. Here are our favorites of the week. Have a lovely weekend!
This winning dress/Valentino pump combo + wedding fitness tips on Style Me Pretty.
A tassel backdrop to die for, from the Big Fake Wedding on Ruffled.
A simple DIY idea looks stunning as a welcome sign as part of this styled shoot.