Do boho and feminine always go so perfectly together? I guess so, right? I usually think of boho as succulents and macrame, but duh, it's lace and feathers too. The mood board proves that boho was born to pair with pink protea and blush ombre dyed linens. My girly side is tickled, you guessed it, pink with this mood board.
Have you started decorating for Christmas yet? I know I know, it's early, but it just makes me so happy to put on some Christmas music and start unpacking my decorations. I've been thinking about how I want to change it up a little this year. Recently, I've been doing lots of glitter in gold and silver/gold with bright pink and bright turquoise pops. You can see some photos here and here. But this year, I want to switch it up. Something a little less bright, with more wood elements and inspiration drawn from Scandinavian Christmas decor. I love the idea of rose gold geometric shapes, mixed with simple wreaths and perhaps some DIY tassels. I also foresee one of these wood bead DIYs on my list of projects. What are your decorating plans? Are you mixing it up?
Today is Feburary 1st. Where did the month of January go!? You know what that means? If you haven't started thinking Valentine's Day, you had better get on it! And if you don't have a man, or you're not into the whole Valentine's day scene, why not host a "Galentine's" Party. Invite your besties over, drink lots of champagne and wine and laugh about old boyfriends. Here a little something to inspire your fete.
Flamingos are definitely the motif of the moment. Here are ten super-fun ideas to incorporate these feathery friends into your wedding or party.
1. Is your wedding near a pool? How fun would it be to have this guy as a floating guest?
2. Give traditional lawn flamingos a glam facelift with a coat of gold spray paint, like Sarah Sherman Samuel's 30th Birthday Bash.
3. Tropical vibes with a side of 'mingo on these shower invites.
4. Get an epic photo surrounded by your pink friends, like this couple via Green Wedding Shoes.
5. Of course Studio DIY rocked the flamingo invites.
6. I will never tire of these snuggling flamingo cake toppers from BHLDN.
7. Kate Spade's motif of the moment is our pink feathered friend and this clutch is a-mazing!
8. Let's Flamingle! How adorable. See lots more on Inspired By This Blog.
9. Feel like a flamingo yourself with this fabulous Ted Baker feather cape.
10. Photo bomb by a plastic 'mingo, like this cute wedding from Green Wedding Shoes.