Next weekend I'll be traveling to Michigan to spend the Fourth of July holiday with my family on Lake Huron. It's my favorite place, the place I've been going every summer since I was born. There is so much nostalgia for me in that little town in middle America. We ride bikes in to town to get ice cream. We pack a picnic and go down to the beach. We sit by the campfire until the stars are their brightest. It's those perfect memories of childhood, that I still live for as an adult that inspired this mood board. I think that a wedding on a lake filled with comfort and nostalgia would be a perfect way to start a marriage.
Confetti, the very sight of it screams party and celebration. It's classic, yet very on-trend. However you incorporate it into your wedding, it will add an element of fun and bring a smile to the faces of your guests.
1. This is actually confetti wall art, but scaled up, it could be so cool as a backdrop.
2. These sprinkle-covered marshmallow squares would be perfect for the desert table, favors or a coffee and hot chocolate bar.
3. This confetti-themed party has tons of fun ideas, but I am loving these confetti-filled balloons.
4. There's no better way to incorporate confetti in a wedding than a toss.
5. and there's nothing better than said photo op that results from the confetti toss.
6. Nothing says "get ready to party," like a confetti invitation suite.
7. This sprinkle cake adds a shot of color to the desert table.
8. Cookies and sprinkle-rimmed milk glasses are the perfect late night snack to serve.
9. My sparkly, Kate Spade wedding shoes brought looked like candy and filled me with delight.
10. Guests won't be able to help but smile when they see confetti wreaths and garland.
Who's getting ready for their derby and Cinco de Mayo parties this weekend? I am getting ready for a camping-themed baby shower for a special little baby boy and his momma-to-be. Follow me on Instagram for some snippets.
And here are some of our favs from the wedding blogs this week.
A perfectly bohemian woodsy wedding on Something Turquoise.
From Snippet & Ink, a ridiculously charming wedding at a historic village museum.
You have to check out all the charming details from this whimsical Smog Shoppe wedding on Green Wedding Shoes. And, that dress!
Just our style, a charming, tassel-filled dessert table from Wedding Chicks.